Sunday, February 8, 2009

Recital!

WOW. The recital was great. The kids were great. The parents were great. It was quite an afternoon, and I came home exhausted from the energy of it all. Not every note was perfect, and that's OK. What is really important is that without exception every performer was polished and professional and handled the recital beautifully!

Special kudos go to Kristen and Kelsey who were willing to go first. :)

Special thanks to Yvonne Solomon for working behind the scenes and getting the goodies and punch set up. Yvonne is always a trooper, and willing to pitch in. Thanks girlfriend!

I'd like to ask a favor of everyone. I completely forgot to get out my digital camera. Could you please email any pictures you'd like to share? You can send it to t_albright@yahoo.com and I will post it on the blog and on my facebook account.

So, now what? This year I have decided to put a renewed emphasis on sight-reading skills. The earlier students can expect lots of "note-checks" and my intermediate and advanced students can expect more sight-reading in lessons. In order to be a superb all-around pianist, you have to be prepared for any situation that might come up, and sight-reading comes up quite often. It is a special skill to be able to see a piece of music and just sit down and play it.

No comments:

Post a Comment