I thought it was about time to start a blog for my studio. I am lucky to have a full schedule of fantastic students, each shining in their own way, and each near and dear to my heart. So often I hear myself repeating myself repeating myself repeating myself as I talk to my students, so maybe starting a blog will be a way to relieve some of that. :)
Right now, the most exciting thing going on is the upcoming recital. As I watch each student go through the hard work, nerves (in some cases), and anticipation, I find myself jumping with energy absorbed from them. Without exception each student is wanting to do their absolute best and has worked hard. I am SO proud of them.
For the recital, we all just need to relax and have some fun. This is NOT about being perfect. It's about shining our lights and letting the world see how much hard work we have done. It's about getting comfortable performing in front of other people. It's about realizing that perfection is an ideal to strive toward, but not expect to reach -- we are absolutely human, you know! It's about discovering what our very best is, and sharing our talent with the world. It's about meeting each other and making friends.
In my blog, I may mention students by name, but it will only be by first name. At some point in the future, I may post pictures, but I'll check with parents first! I am excited to have a place where I can brag on the accomplishments of my students.
So that's it for now. I'm off to work on the recital program.
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment